Thursday, March 22, 2012

Response to Previous Jake Jahn Post

              
Hi Everyone,


I just wanted to share with you that in less than 24 hours of posting my previous post In Memory of Jake Jahn there has been over 500 people who have visited this blog. That is phenomenal and shows more than anything that we are not alone in our grief. I wanted to share that with all of you because I feel that is very important as we discover what all this means for us individually and as a community. When I originally wrote the previous post I was at a loss and numb all over like death tends to be, and honestly I did not know what else to do but write. I had no idea it would reach so many people and that my post would indirectly create an online space for healing by allowing people to grieve. 


Last night I spent time with my youth remembering Jake. The stories they told showed me how their interactions with Jake had been full of blessing and life. He is missed. I know there are a lot of feelings we are all experiencing, but more than anything I want to emphasize that it is ok to be feeling the wide variety of emotions we feel. Shock, Anger, Sadness, Guilt, Numbness, may be some of them. And even though this does not feel ok, it is ok to feel.


We need each other through all of this and part of that is to keep the memory of Jake alive. I know the school and different groups are doing various things to remember: changing profile pictures to the batman signal, selling bracelets, car decals, and other events. I encourage you to find a healthy way to remember that works for you. For me that means writing and maybe it means that for you too. If that is the case I encourage you to write, leave a comment of your memories to share here, or maybe just write in your own personal journal. But regardless if you a writer or not find a healthy way to remember. 

And.. if you happen to find yourself here, alone on the internet away from the crowds to remember, know that this blog post was meant especially for you, for the times when we need to sneak away from the world to be with ourselves and our thoughts to ponder. You are not alone. 

Yours Truly,
                                                                     I will remember.


The link to local 4's report on the crash can be found here.

1 comment:

  1. I had the honor to meet Jake through my daughter Rebekah. Jake will be so tremendously missed. He was a fighter and a survivor and my daughter's hero. I am so thankful to God that she told him that in several conversations. One thing for sure, on March 19th, the earth grew dimmer and heaven grew so much brighter. We miss and Love you sweetie. God's speed.

    ReplyDelete