Saturday, October 15, 2011

Things I Like

I added a new "gadget" on the right hand side of my blog called "Things I Like," which links to different websites or youtube videos that I like. I plan on updating it every Saturday with new things that "I like" or "makes me think."  This week I added 4 links and I'll explain why I like them.

1. Glee Remake: Say a Little Prayer for You. This video consists of 3 burly men lip singing the same dance/singing routine as the cheerleaders in Glee. My Dad was the one who introduced me to it and we had a good laugh together. (Hint: watch the original glee version before or after the other one.. you will find the guys are quite good at what they do)

2. Melanie & Marko: Contemporary Dance Turn to Stone. This summer I followed the "So You Think You Can Dance" TV series as a girl from my hometown, Kaitlyn Lawson, was part of the competition. (she did quite well) Anyway, this was my favorite dance of the whole season and to this day I still get chills when I watch it.

3. Hyperbole and a Half: Parp! This is one of my favorite blogs because of the computer paint made pictures that make up relate able stories. In this particular story the main character is trying to convince her Mom to let her go to a party after her dental surgery... and the difficulties that follow.

4. Swedish Chef: This is a favorite rooted in my family tradition of watching the Muppets.The Swedish Chef has character in the kitchen mixed with sillyness of speaking mock Swedish. My sister and I like to communicate in mock Swedish sometimes. You should try it. It's good to be silly sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment