Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Bringer of the Snack

Aside from recruiting volunteers, tutoring, and doing most of the paperwork for Read for Life, I also have a VERY important role known as "the bringer of the snack."

Everyday we have Read for Life I stop by the soup kitchen across from the school and pick up the snack of the day for our 45 students. Lauren (my fellow housemate and LVC volunteer) who works at the soup kitchen, and her director have been extremely helpful in actively searching and preparing snacks for the students. Their motto is "if kids are hungry, they aren't going to be learning." I have to agree... And trust me these kids ARE hungry. Over 80% of the school qualifies for free or reduced lunch.

Anyway, as I was refilling the Read for Life mini fridge at the school I thought I'd take a picture of it for you so that you can observe the usual Capri sun chaos. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment